Before using this application, it is of the utmost importance that you read and understand the following;
- This application is directly linked to the Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM) – Selangor Contingent.
- Coverage Area – Selangor only.
- Requirements – ensure phone supports GPS functionality and data transmission.
- MyDistress is a service in which the citizens can alert PDRM when an emergency assistance is required.
- Submit your personal details for verification in order to start using MyDistress in ‘Settings > Profile’
- ‘Personal Alert’ – Automatic real-time location update in case of emergency while outdoors.
- ‘Preset Location Alert’ – Add location of property such as home or office for emergency alert, even while you are away. (For use within a building, we strongly suggest that you use the ‘Preset Location Alert’ by pre-setting your location in front of the building, as GPS functionality can be inaccurate indoors.)
- By hitting the ‘ON HELP’ button within ‘Personal Alert’ and ‘Preset Location Alert’, your request for assistance will alert PDRM and Police Personnel will be sent to your location.
- MyDistress DO NOT track your movement or location if the functionality is NOT activated.
- MyDistress should ONLY be used for emergencies
- An emergency is when a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.
- You should use MyDistress service to alert police in situations when you need an immediate response – if a crime/incident is currently happening or if anyone/property is in immediate danger.
- If a person misuses MyDistress whereby the request for an immediate response is not an action deemed as an emergency, PDRM reserves the right to suspend MyDistress services to the user.
- MyDistress is a service by PDRM – Selangor Contingent in an effort to keep Selangor safer. Any abuse and/or misuse of MyDistress will divert crucial resources of the Police which can be better utilised for situations of real emergencies. Pursuant thereto, please use MyDistress responsibly.